supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
NHS Fife - Mentally Healthy Training for Managers
When: 9.30am-4.30pm, Tuesday 26 June 2018 Where: Bandrum Nursing Home, Saline, KY12 9HR This event is being organised by NHS Fife This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
This course is for Managers/supervisors to gain a basic understanding of what makes a mentally health workplace and how this could be applied in their own organisation.
By the end of this course participants will:
• Have a broad understanding of mental health and an increased awareness of mental health issues in the workplace;
• Be able to identify key factors that contributes to a mentally healthy workplace;
• To improve managers confidence in broaching mental health in the workplace;
• To ensure that managers are aware of their legislative responsibilities in relation to health and wellbeing.
Course content shall cover:
• Introduction to mental health
• Attitudes and values
• What makes a mentally healthy workplace?
• Introduction to stress
• Management of stress in the workplace
• Legislation and policy.
Before attending each delegate must complete the on-line mentally healthy workplace module which can be accessed here.