supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Talk Action - Facilitation Skills - Making Meetings Work
Created: 14/11/2017, Updated: 15/11/2017
When: 10.00am-4.00pm, Tuesday 06 February 2018 Where: The Melting Pot, 5 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PR This event is being organised by Talk Action Costs Places for voluntary sector delegates (staff, committee members or volunteers) £338.00 per person Places for non-voluntary sector delegates are £428.00 per person
It is too late to book a place for this particular session, sorry about that.
This course will look closely at what facilitation is, the role facilitators may play and how facilitating can encourage long term community development. The day will build the confidence of anyone keen to be a good facilitator and give them a solid basis on which to develop their own skills. You’ll take part in engaging exercises and discuss where you might or might not use them. You’ll look at ways to work with people in large and small groups and how and when to leave a group to their own devices. The day also covers the practical 'tools and techniques' that make meetings work.
People attending this course will learn how to:
• Plan meetings and design them to be effective and enjoyable;
• Make a meeting, workshop or training session work well as facilitator or chair;
• Build a working relationship with an existing organisation or a group of individuals;
• Use appropriate tools and techniques;
• Develop facilitation work in ways appropriate to different communities;
• Deal with problematic situations;
• Evaluate facilitated processes;
• Develop their communications skills.
Who should attend this course?
Talk Action have run this facilitation training skills course for over six years with consistently excellent feedback. The event will benefit anyone working with groups of people in formal or informal settings. Whether a novice starting out, or an experienced facilitator wishing to expand on their techniques, the course will provide a valuable insight into good facilitation.
For more information or to book your place on this course please contact Talk Action using the details provided below.