supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Safe Space - Outreach Counsellor
Post: Outreach Counsellor
Hours: 17.5 per week
Salary: £25,000 pro rata
Safe Space supports survivors of childhood sexual abuse through one to one counselling, group-work, a young peoples’ service and an outreach service.
Main Responsibilities include:
• Providing up to 10 hours counselling per week in local health centres;
• Working collaboratively with GP services and Safe Space staff;
• Ensuring monitoring and evaluation processes are implemented;
• Preparing statistics as required for reports;
• Attending staff meetings, peer group supervision and counsellors meetings;
• Ensuring Continual Professional Development training is kept up to date;
• Facilitating occasional training for volunteers;
• Ensuring all paperwork is up to date and stored confidentially;
• Adhere to Safe Space policies and procedures.
Click here for an application form. For further information contact Safe Space on 01383 739 084.
Please note the closing date for applications is Friday 02 February 2018.